Valve cover O ring


Mick O'Connor
 

Anyone have the dimensions of the valve cover O rings ?

Mick


Rob Turk
 

The parts manual calls out for BS237V
https://www.bearingsrus.co.uk/bs1806-237

On 4/28/2021 9:34 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Anyone have the dimensions of the valve cover O rings ?

Mick







Mick O'Connor
 

Rob,
Thanks for that. I note that link takes you to a black nitrile item, not viton, is that an issue ?

Mick

On 28 Apr 2021, at 20:50, Rob Turk <r.turk@...> wrote:

The parts manual calls out for BS237V
https://www.bearingsrus.co.uk/bs1806-237

On 4/28/2021 9:34 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Anyone have the dimensions of the valve cover O rings ?

Mick







glen english LIST
 

footnote : the jabiru engine manual has numerousĀ  o ring size errors ! do physical check against the number.

I used vitron for all my o rings in the recent replacements. although the rocker covers shoudl run below 180C. I'd be using vitron for everythign unless there is some material properties issue, its small beer WRT avgas .

On 29/04/2021 6:08 am, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Rob,
Thanks for that. I note that link takes you to a black nitrile item, not viton, is that an issue ?

Mick


Rob Turk
 

Mick,

The link was to show the dimensions for BS237. The 'V' does stand for Viton. If you search for that size and Viton you'll probably find a source close to you.

Rob

On 4/28/2021 10:08 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Rob,
Thanks for that. I note that link takes you to a black nitrile item, not viton, is that an issue ?

Mick

On 28 Apr 2021, at 20:50, Rob Turk <r.turk@...> wrote:

The parts manual calls out for BS237V
https://www.bearingsrus.co.uk/bs1806-237

On 4/28/2021 9:34 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Anyone have the dimensions of the valve cover O rings ?

Mick








Mick O'Connor
 

Rob,
Thanks. Looks like Nitrile upto 120 deg and Viton 250 degĀ 

Mick

On 28 Apr 2021, at 21:17, Rob Turk <r.turk@...> wrote:

Mick,

The link was to show the dimensions for BS237. The 'V' does stand for Viton. If you search for that size and Viton you'll probably find a source close to you.

Rob

On 4/28/2021 10:08 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Rob,
Thanks for that. I note that link takes you to a black nitrile item, not viton, is that an issue ?

Mick

On 28 Apr 2021, at 20:50, Rob Turk <r.turk@...> wrote:

The parts manual calls out for BS237V
https://www.bearingsrus.co.uk/bs1806-237

On 4/28/2021 9:34 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Anyone have the dimensions of the valve cover O rings ?

Mick