From: main@JabCamit.groups.io <main@JabCamit.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marc Halcomb
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 8:39 AM
To: main@JabCamit.groups.io
Subject: [JabCamit] Supercharged Gen 4 Jabiru 3300

16 months ago I posted, looking for information related to supercharged/turbocharged Jabiru’s.  Since that time I have developed a mount/drive assembly for a Rotrex C15-60 supercharger and electrically controlled blow-off-valve.  After 10 hours testing a Gen2 on a test stand, I have install the system in my Gen 4 equipped Arion Lightning.  I have completed the first 2 test flights and with very modest boost levels the cruise performance has increased nicely.  The initial test flights were conducted at 10,000’ DA and 30.5 inHg resulting in a 27.5mph increase (20% increase).  The next series of flight tests will be conducted at 32 inHg, then 33 inHg, ... with a practical target of 34 inHg max cruise.  If anyone is interested I’ll post more test flight results?

Easy rider

Keep up the good work Marc. I enjoy reading your updates

On Apr 23, 2021, at 9:50 AM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Sounds very interesting, Marc. Please keep us posted on both your installation and your results.

Jay

16 months ago I posted, looking for information related to supercharged/turbocharged Jabiru’s.  Since that time I have developed a mount/drive assembly for a Rotrex C15-60 supercharger and electrically controlled blow-off-valve.  After 10 hours testing a Gen2 on a test stand, I have install the system in my Gen 4 equipped Arion Lightning.  I have completed the first 2 test flights and with very modest boost levels the cruise performance has increased nicely.  The initial test flights were conducted at 10,000’ DA and 30.5 inHg resulting in a 27.5mph increase (20% increase).  The next series of flight tests will be conducted at 32 inHg, then 33 inHg, ... with a practical target of 34 inHg max cruise.  If anyone is interested I’ll post more test flight results?

Pete Twissell

Very interesting Marc.
Are the pressure figures you mention absolute manifold pressure?

Pete.