Topics

Solid Lifter Conversion.

Red

I have an early Hydraulic lifter 2200 s/no: 2246.
would appreciate a rundown of what is invloved in converting this to solid lifters, what parts would need replacing and any pitfalls.

All the best, hope everyone is safe and well...Red
--
“I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. ” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry“

Jay Scheevel

I used the conversion kit that was supplied by Camit. It consists of adjustable rocker arms (Camit design), hollow push rods and solid lifters with the same OD as the hydraulic lifters they replaced. Since Camit is no longer in business, you cannot get this kit any longer, but I suspect the solid lifters are available online from an auto parts store, as are push rods. Perhaps the Jabiru solid lifter arms are available directly from Jab. I am not sure of the length of the push rods, but I suspect careful measurement will make that apparent, or maybe someone else has those dimensions.

Jay

From: main@JabCamit.groups.io <main@JabCamit.groups.io> On Behalf Of Red
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 5:44 AM
To: main@JabCamit.groups.io
Subject: [JabCamit] Solid Lifter Conversion.

I have an early Hydraulic lifter 2200 s/no: 2246.
would appreciate a rundown of what is invloved in converting this to solid lifters, what parts would need replacing and any pitfalls.

All the best, hope everyone is safe and well...Red
--
“I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things. ” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry“

wmax351@...

I too am considering this. It looks like camit may be back in part at least.

I will see what the rockers will cost from jabiru.