Topics

Prop size and blade count survey

John Miller

I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

Jim Chuk

I've run a 64" two blade Warp Drive square tip prop for 300-400 hrs.  It does pretty good.  I did try a 66" taper tip Warp for a while, and it did fly faster, but climb suffered somewhat.  They were both pitched for the same static rpm.  JImChuk

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 8:49 AM John Miller via groups.io <skypics234=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

Leo Dringoli

John ,

I run a two blade wood 56" dia. 48" pitch from Props Inc. on a Corby starlet .  2850 static RPM , 3200 RPM level flight full throttle 134 KTS indicated .

Leo Dringoli

On 4/7/2021 10:29 AM, Jim Chuk wrote:
I've run a 64" two blade Warp Drive square tip prop for 300-400 hrs.  It does pretty good.  I did try a 66" taper tip Warp for a while, and it did fly faster, but climb suffered somewhat.  They were both pitched for the same static rpm.  JImChuk

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 8:49 AM John Miller via groups.io <skypics234=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

Jay Scheevel

Hi Leo,

If you have a 48” pitch prop and turn it 3200 rpm, and it is 100% efficient, you would see 126 kts.  I suspect the pitch you have is higher than 48”.

Jay

[...]

Greg Smith

Prince two blade prop. Very smooth and quiet.

Greg
Pulsar Jab 2200

I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

randy beachler

I have the Sensenich 62 in wood that Pete reccomended. 800 hours. Bow do you like the WW ?

I have the Sensenich 62 in wood that Pete reccomended. 800 hours. Bow do you like the WW ?

I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

randy beachler

I did not see a ww prop listed for the 2200 jabiru on their website. Only the 3300. Do they have one?

I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

John Miller

The do have one and it's a scimitar shaped 66" 2 blade and very smooth and quiet.

By the way I just installed Stol Speed VGs on my Avid MK4 and...OH MY GOD! What a difference.

Stall speeds at idle cruise and full power climb are 15% lower.

John M

I did not see a ww prop listed for the 2200 jabiru on their website. Only the 3300. Do they have one?

I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

Lyle Passfield

John I have a standard Jab 60X42 hoop pine laminated prop on my Jodel.
Quite happy with it after a dozen years in service.

 I recently did a silly thing and it was dead easy to repair the prop and re-balance it using rudimentary tools. It’s still tracks within a mm and is now running smoother than ever.

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 at 23:49, John Miller via groups.io <skypics234=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

John Miller

Like the WW. Nice look with the scimitar shape.

I think i paid $1400.

Black with white tips.

John M

I have the Sensenich 62 in wood that Pete reccomended. 800 hours. Bow do you like the WW ?

I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

John Miller

Jim

I like the WARP but is a heavy prop.

That said ground adjustment is easier than the WW.

John M

I've run a 64" two blade Warp Drive square tip prop for 300-400 hrs.  It does pretty good.  I did try a 66" taper tip Warp for a while, and it did fly faster, but climb suffered somewhat.  They were both pitched for the same static rpm.  JImChuk

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 8:49 AM John Miller via groups.io <skypics234=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I run a 66" Whirlwind 2 blade prop that was suggested by Pete when he ran Jab in the states. I had been offered a 3 blade Warp drive prop from a friend who was upgrading his Rotax powered Kitfox.

Pete warned that this would have too much polar inertia.

I would like to know what props those on the forum are using on their Jab 2200s.

Thanks.

John M

Mark Dunstone

Cygnet...90kt cruise, empty weight 250kg.   I run a 60”x44” Sensenich wood prop that Jabiru call their climb prop. 3150rpm for 65kt climb and 800fpm, 3100rpm cruise at 90kts...15lph fuel burn.

Corby Starlet.  I run a 60”x47” wood prop (eucalyptus delegetensis) I made myself.  Climb at 3000rpm 1500 to 2000fpm 65 to 75kts, cruise at 3200 at 108kts, exceeds 3300 at straight and level.....yeh, I know, I need at least another inch of pitch....but geez it’s fun flying, even with the odd over rpm warning light coming on every now and then.

Robert Vossman

I'll throw in my Sonex experience.  I use a Tennessee Prop 54 X 46 and at WOT gives 3300 rpm and about 135 mph.  Still going strong at 500 hours.
BobV

John Miller

So far seem like my WW is the longest.

John M

I'll throw in my Sonex experience.  I use a Tennessee Prop 54 X 46 and at WOT gives 3300 rpm and about 135 mph.  Still going strong at 500 hours.
BobV

Jim Chuk

There is a guy I know who has a 68" NR prop on his 2200 Jabiru powered Kitfox 1, and gets real good performance from it.  JImChuk