Old Yahoo Archive

wmax351@...

Did anyone archive the old yahoo group? Hopefully that wasn't all lost.

Rob Turk

I have a copy. Unless it's from before 2004...

On 4/29/2021 2:56 PM, wmax351@... wrote:
Did anyone archive the old yahoo group? Hopefully that wasn't all lost.

Pete Twissell

All the content of the old Yahoo site should have been transferred to the new group.
I am the owner of a couple of groups which were transferred from Yahoo to Groups.io and both preserved all the data from Yahoo.

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021, 13:56 , <wmax351@...> wrote:
Did anyone archive the old yahoo group? Hopefully that wasn't all lost.

wmax351@...

There's nothing here from before 2015 unfortunately.

@Rob, could you post that to the "files" section?

Jay Scheevel

The files all got over, but not all the photos. Don’t know why that is.

Jay

All the content of the old Yahoo site should have been transferred to the new group.

I am the owner of a couple of groups which were transferred from Yahoo to Groups.io and both preserved all the data from Yahoo.

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021, 13:56 , <wmax351@...> wrote:

Did anyone archive the old yahoo group? Hopefully that wasn't all lost.

Rob Turk

The format is one Thunderbird .msf file for each year, is that usable for you? Total dataset is close to 2GB, too large for the files section.

On 4/29/2021 4:29 PM, wmax351@... wrote:
There's nothing here from before 2015 unfortunately.

@Rob, could you post that to the "files" section?

Jay Scheevel

Go ahead and give it a try Rob. We will see what happens. I am paying the tab, so I guess they will just tell me to pony up if it is too big.

Jay

The format is one Thunderbird .msf file for each year, is that usable for you? Total dataset is close to 2GB, too large for the files section.

On 4/29/2021 4:29 PM, wmax351@... wrote:

There's nothing here from before 2015 unfortunately.

@Rob, could you post that to the "files" section?

wmax351@...

Google drive with links from the forum might be the way to go

Rob Turk

OK, I have added the 2010-2014 files first. That's 600+ MB. Please check if you can access them at all. If so I'll upload the rest. They are in the 'Pre-2015 archive' folder, and come in pairs. The file without extention is the actual data, the .msf file appears to be metadata. Hope your email systems can deal with it.

Boy, am I happy with that 500Mb/s upload link..

On 4/29/2021 5:16 PM, Jay Scheevel wrote:

Go ahead and give it a try Rob. We will see what happens. I am paying the tab, so I guess they will just tell me to pony up if it is too big.

Jay

The format is one Thunderbird .msf file for each year, is that usable for you? Total dataset is close to 2GB, too large for the files section.

On 4/29/2021 4:29 PM, wmax351@... wrote:

There's nothing here from before 2015 unfortunately.

@Rob, could you post that to the "files" section?

Jay Scheevel

Looks like they loaded. Too bad I do not have Mozilla Thunderbird, but I will download that app if I want to have a look at the old files. Maybe you could put a text note in the directory, notifying people of how to download and use Thunderbird?

Jay

The format is one Thunderbird .msf file for each year, is that usable for you? Total dataset is close to 2GB, too large for the files section.

On 4/29/2021 4:29 PM, wmax351@... wrote:

There's nothing here from before 2015 unfortunately.

@Rob, could you post that to the "files" section?

wmax351@...

I can download them. I will check them out, and I think we should be able to upload them as well.

Marc Bourget

Any possibility of converting them to "searchable pdf" files?