Oil leak

Mick O'Connor

Problem solved !
As suspected, the oil leak looked like it was coming from behind the T piece. Removed head and T piece and bingo !
Small split right at the back, can’t think why ? Have fitted T pieces in another Jab and of course the opposite T piece, all leak free. Faulty item or bad installation, I guess Ill never know but because of it’s location, very difficult to identify/locate.

Mick

Mick O'Connor

Norton ES2 M/C rocker oil feed T. Much better fit to the spigots on the heads. My new Jab item was slightly loose and measured 8.3mm ID. Norton 8mm ID. I think that is why my new Jab T split as it needed to be tightened to stop it moving easily on the spigots and the clip cut in. The lower hole in Norton item is 0.5mm ID smaller than stock but fits great on feed tube.
The upper connections are slightly larger OD at 15mm. Had to use next size clamp clip.
Of course, the legs need to be cut to length.

Mick

On 29 Apr 2021, at 13:47, Mick O'Connor via groups.io <mickoconnor909=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Problem solved !
As suspected, the oil leak looked like it was coming from behind the T piece. Removed head and T piece and bingo !
Small split right at the back, can’t think why ? Have fitted T pieces in another Jab and of course the opposite T piece, all leak free. Faulty item or bad installation, I guess Ill never know but because of it’s location, very difficult to identify/locate.

Mick

<image1.jpeg>

Rob Turk

Nice! Are there any online sources for this part?

On 4/29/2021 7:50 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Norton ES2 M/C rocker oil feed T. Much better fit to the spigots on the heads. My new Jab item was slightly loose and measured 8.3mm ID. Norton 8mm ID. I think that is why my new Jab T split as it needed to be tightened to stop it moving easily on the spigots and the clip cut in. The lower hole in Norton item is 0.5mm ID smaller than stock but fits great on feed tube.
The upper connections are slightly larger OD at 15mm. Had to use next size clamp clip.
Of course, the legs need to be cut to length.

Mick

Mick O'Connor

Yes,
rgmnorton.co.uk
Item code C3/713

Only £7.80 inc VAT & Delivery.
Genuine Jab £44 !!!!!!

Someone said they might not be suitable/correct material but they do exactly same function on a motorcycle. I’ll be keeping a close eye on them for the next few hours. They feel too hot to touch straight after landing, it looks like they a good blast of cooling air in flight.

Mick

On 29 Apr 2021, at 19:02, Rob Turk <r.turk@rtist.nl> wrote:

Nice! Are there any online sources for this part?

On 4/29/2021 7:50 PM, Mick O'Connor via groups.io wrote:
Norton ES2 M/C rocker oil feed T. Much better fit to the spigots on the heads. My new Jab item was slightly loose and measured 8.3mm ID. Norton 8mm ID. I think that is why my new Jab T split as it needed to be tightened to stop it moving easily on the spigots and the clip cut in. The lower hole in Norton item is 0.5mm ID smaller than stock but fits great on feed tube.
The upper connections are slightly larger OD at 15mm. Had to use next size clamp clip.
Of course, the legs need to be cut to length.

Mick

Mick O'Connor

Correction - they DO NOT feel hot to the touch after landing