Re: Safety for Jab alternator

glen english LIST

you wont get a fire from a lithium phospate battery

they are very different to "lithiun ion "

On 5/05/2021 5:08 am, Pete Twissell wrote:
If fitting a lithium battery is producing over current issues, I would suggest fitting an appropriate regulator for the battery.
Lead acid batteries are quite resilient and will simply gas if over charged.
Lithium batteries can get nasty if the charge current and maximum voltage are not properly controlled.
Some "replacement" lithium batteries have a built in BMS (battery management system), but I have seen these fail.
The last thing any of us want is a lithium fire.
Pete.