Re: Safety for Jab alternator

Rob Turk

Nothing dodgy about this. LiFePO4 batteries have much lower internal resistance than regular batteries. That helps for start as it can provide more starting current without sagging, but it also means that the charge current will be higher when it's partially empty and th alternator is providing max power.

On 5/4/2021 8:44 PM, Marc Halcomb wrote:

with my new EarthX battery, I find if I do not allow the battery time to mostly charger before WOT takeoff run, I will get an over current alarm, have not blown the fuses yet, but makes the EarthX battery a bit dodgy.