Re: Alternator part number for Gen 4 Jabiru 3300

glen english LIST

The stator core is silicon - iron, it would be fine as long as it didnt go over 400C.

If you decide not to rewind, I would be happy to pay you for the cost of shipping it to me  (I'd get fedex to pick it up) .That would enable me to get a better handle on what can be done  for failure and uprating of Jab alternators.

Regards,

Glen.

On 4/05/2021 5:15 am, Sonex 1517 via groups.io wrote:

I called Arion aircraft today and ordered two new stator assemblies (alternators). This is going to take a couple of weeks to get

the part numbers in this thread seem to be for the voltage regulator. From what I can tell, there is not a third party replacement for the stator assembly

I am considering re-winding the original one, but after removing it yesterday it seems to be very badly damaged.

I’m installing an alternator cut out relay with an OVP, and putting a fuse in line also.